Sunday 20 September 2015

Afternoon Tea at Bea's of Bloomsbury



At the weekend, I headed out for a spot of afternoon tea with my good friend Catherine. She had booked us a table at Bea's of Bloomsbury following a recommendation in the Tea & Cake London book (which I had bought her for her birthday!) I'd also heard good things so was very excited!

The cafe itself was very kitsch, with teapots and teacups for lampshades and lots of other pretty touches. And of course, there were so many delicious treats on show - I'm tempted to go back to try one of their chocolate swirls or a Nutella duffin (a kind of donut/muffin hybrid)....mmm.

Our afternoon tea arrived, and although I was slightly disappointed at the lack of salmon sandwiches, the bread used to make the sandwiches was amazing, it tasted like sea salt and rosemary focaccia. SO good. Also included in our afternoon tea tower was a selection of mini chocolate brownies, blondies, meringues and marshmallows, a scone each with jam and cream and a cupcake each. I picked the lemon meringue one, while Catherine got a red velvet. With bellies too full to even tackle the cupcakes, we had those boxed up and I picked up a jam duffin to take back for Matthew (good girlfriend points!)

So all in all, Bea's of Bloomsbury provided a good place to catch up on a deep Bake Off chat and enjoy some sweet treats while eyeing up Nutella cheesecake! Pretty much the perfect Saturday afternoon... I recommend :)

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment